We all have repeating patterns or ‘cycles’ in our family of origin. It might be repeating patterns of failed marriages, drug and alcohol problems, or family conflict.
You become a cycle breaker when you first see the cycle and then decide that that cycle stops with you.
Some cycles are easy to break. For example, you might have been raised by parents who smacked you when you misbehaved to reprimand you. You might decide not to repeat that pattern and break that cycle in your family.
Some cycles are more difficult to break, especially socio-economic cycles. I find people like Michelle Obama incredibly inspiring when I think about breaking socio-economic barriers. It might be difficult, but it is possible.
Relational cycles in families can be the most challenging cycles to break because you come up against what might feel like ‘the establishment’ when trying to break them. With the example above, the rebellion is to heal your attachment wound and be a more attuned, loving mother than your mother was able to be for you.
When we have an ingrained anxious attachment style, how do we do this?
We will cover this and more in my upcoming book, ‘Heal Your Anxious Attachment’.
AVAILABLE NOW. ‘Heal Your Anxious Attachment’ lands on the 1st of February, 2024. In it, you will learn:
- What attachment impacts your intimate relationship
- A detailed healing journey specifically designed to create INNER and then OUTER secure attachment
- Discover your core beliefs and how to change them
- The power of reparenting and ‘parts’ work
- Spiritual healing practices to connect with your ‘soul’ self and your ancestors
- Powerful intergenerational healing practices to shift stuck energy in your family line
- Polyvagal Theory and tools to understand your nervous system and how to self-regulate
- The dance of the anxious/avoidant couple and how to do a different dance
- How to cultivate the secure relationship you want
BONUS – 20 recorded practices specifically designed to facilitate healing anxious attachment
Available NOW for Pre-Order at all major book retailers.