Hi! I’m Jen. I’m the founder of Psychotherapy Central, a Director of the International Energetic Healing Association, an Ambassador for A Sound Life charity and The Embody Lab, a mum to two beautiful children, a wife, daughter, sister and friend. I have a Master’s Degree in Applied Psychotherapy and Counselling. I am a licensed Clinical Psychotherapist, Counsellor and Energetic Healer. You can think of me as a huge self-love advocate and a holder of space for deep transformation and healing.
I am lucky enough to do work that is my calling; it is my vocation. I have over 17 year’s experience working with individuals and groups, leading international transformational retreats and seminars, and writing accredited courses, e-books and blogs.
What brings me here?
I grew up being inspired by social change. I was aware of huge global inequity and systems that kept that in place that I wanted to understand. That desire led me to study Political Science and Development Studies at Leeds University in the UK. After university, I worked for the Japanese government for three years, teaching English in their public school sector. It was such a completely different culture to the UK, I found myself on a steep learning curve. I feel like I did a lot of growing up there. I met my husband-to-be. I travelled – India, Nepal, South East Asia, Europe, Chile, and Southern Africa, including hitchhiking and camping through Botswana and Namibia, and I had a lot of fun.
A few years on, I found myself in Australia, having left my family and friends in the UK, struggling to integrate into a new family system and being triggered as I had never experienced before. To figure out what was going on for me and help myself, I began to study and experience Kinesiology, Energetic Healing and Reiki. This was a period of deep transformation and healing as I encountered unresolved childhood trauma that was waiting to be processed. The more work I did on myself, the more joy I was beginning to re-experience and a desire to serve others started to emerge. I had found my resting place. My vocation.
Skipping a few years, I had the opportunity to run the biggest Energetic Healing centre in Sydney for over five years. I am passionate about psycho-education and have created a powerful 6-week course focused on behaviour change and attachment healing called ‘Relationship Cycle Breaker’ and other courses that can be found here. I founded the Psychotherapy Central online community (which currently has over 177,000 followers).
I have been working as a therapist in private practice for over 16 years and have worked with over 10,000 people in the personal development and transformational space. I am currently a Director of the International Energetic Healing Association and am involved in the global accreditation process. I am privileged to be an Ambassador for A Sound Life Charity and for The Embody Lab.
Oh…and my biggest projects? My two beautiful children and being a playmate to my husband.
What I love…
My passion is supporting people who feel overwhelmed by self-criticism, stress, sadness, anxiety, doubt and fear to become more accepting of who they are and break through their own inner glass ceiling by calling on a unique combination of psychotherapy and energetic healing.
I help people who want to:
- Heal attachment issues
- Recover from Complex Trauma
- Work on family or relationship challenges
- Recover from depression
- Learn techniques to deal with anxiety
- Improve their self-esteem
- Overcome addiction
- Connect more with their inner power
- Build inner happiness and a positive outlook
- Create meaningful and fulfilling relationships
- Better manage everyday stress and anxiety
Qualifications you can Trust
- M.A. Applied Psychotherapy & Counselling, JNI, Sydney, Australia.
- B.A. (Hons) Political Science, Leeds University
- Post Graduate Diploma of Psychotherapy & Counselling, JNI, Sydney, Australia.
- Diploma of Energetic Health, Nature Care College, Sydney
- EMDR Certified, Psychology Training
- Energy Healing Diploma, The Wellness Initiative
- Kinesiology Cert. IV, Nature Care College, Sydney
- Reiki Level 1 & 2
- Theta Healing Practitioner
- Shamanic Journeying Practitioner
- Gottman Therapy – Level 1
- Three Phased Trauma Approach, Blue Knot Foundation, Sydney
- Working with Complex Trauma, PDP, Sydney
- Focusing, JNI, Sydney
- Mental Health, JNI, Sydney
- Group Therapy, JNI, Sydney
- Group Leadership & Facilitation, The Australian Institute of Counselling in Addictions
Association Memberships and Affiliations
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) – Mrs Jennifer Nurick PACFA Reg. Clinical
- Australian Counselling Association (Level 3)
- International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT)
- Australian Transactional Analysis Association (ATAA)
- International Energetic Healing Association (IEHA) – Honorary Lifetime Membership
A few other random things about me if you are still reading.
- I’m an INFJ in the Myer-Briggs personality types (apparently the rarest – who knew??)
- I LOVE nature, I am happiest in a damp forest with vibrant green moss all over big oak trees (the Brit in me).
- For a treat, I love mint Lindt chocolate.
- I had quite difficult births with both of my children.
- I have had to navigate a multi-faith family and home.
- My favourite time of the year is Christmas because we host a big Christmas lunch, and I love the sparkles and decorating.
- I believe in the inherent healing ability of everyone.
I’m so glad you are here.
CONNECT WITH ME