This line of questioning will help you discover a legacy burden (to use Internal Family Systems (IFS) language).
I have a whole list of legacy burdens that come through my family. One I have worked with repeatedly over the years is the fear of being seen, of standing out in any way. Another one is the burden of poverty.
What legacy burdens flow through your family lineage?
Intergenerational Trauma (Legacy Burdens) and IFS Therapy explores this and more in Episode 12 of the podcast.
This episode covers:
- An overview of what intergenerational trauma is and how legacy burdens are created
- Examples of intergenerational trauma
- Five ways trauma can pass through a family
- Symptoms of intergenerational trauma
- A personal story of intergenerational trauma healing.