Responsiveness is a subtle form of communication and is a love language.
When you respond to me reaching out for connection, the connection is validated, and I feel SAFE.
- It might be your smile in response to mine across a busy dining table.
- It might be your response to my joke.
- It might be your reasonably consistent texting responses.
- It might be how you squeeze my hand when I reach out to hold yours.
- It might be observing you put me first in your life. You are responding to my presence in your life.
There are so many ways we can be responsive. It is a LOVE LANGUAGE. When we are responded to, we feel loved and important, often in a way that we did not when we were children.
This makes responsiveness a profoundly healing experience for the anxiously attached.
How does high responsiveness make you feel in a relationship? Let me know in the comments.