Hello everyone. It’s been a while since I introduced myself, so here we go. My name is Jennifer Nurick (Jen), and I’m a licensed clinical psychotherapist and energetic healer with a Master’s degree in Applied Psychotherapy.
My mission is to share my knowledge about trauma and healing, especially regarding attachment theory and tools for healing insecure attachment to help you create more intimate relationships with yourself and others.
I have lived in Sydney, Australia, for the last 20 years, but I was born in the Midlands in the UK. After I left the UK, I lived in Japan for three years, where I met my husband, and we moved to Australia together. I have been married for 18 years and have two teenage children.
I am lucky enough to do work that is my calling and vocation. I have over 19 years of experience working with individuals and groups, leading international transformational retreats and seminars, and writing books, accredited courses and blogs.
A few other fun things about me:
- I’m an INFJ in the Myers-Briggs personality types (apparently the rarest – who knew??)
- I LOVE nature. I am happiest in a damp forest with vibrant green moss all over big oak trees (the Brit in me).
- For a treat, I love mint Lindt chocolate.
- I have a daily meditation and mantra practice that nourishes me.
- I had pretty difficult births with both of my children.
- I have had to navigate a multi-faith family and home.
- My favourite time is Christmas because we host a big Christmas lunch, and I love the sparkles and decorating.
- I believe in everyone’s inherent healing ability.
I’m also a relentless learner, I just LOVE books and putting what I read into practice, so it only made sense to share what I learn and have embodied from my individual and couple work. This is how Instagram’s Psychotherapy.Central came about, from my desire to serve and spread the wisdom of so many.
Thanks for reading this far. I hope you are having a wonderful day.