Hard truth – therapy is often uncomfortable. It is also empowering.
It is empowering to see ourselves reflected back to us with compassion we may not be able to hold for ourselves.
- It is empowering to get another perspective on your decisions.
- It is empowering to review life events and get some closure.
- It is empowering to stop reacting from old wounds and begin to respond from a place of awareness.
- It is empowering to consciously choose different ways of being in the world that reflect your values.
- It is empowering to allow someone neutral to really see and accept you.
Being in therapy is empowering…and yes, it can be tough.
Expect to leave some sessions feeling elated, and others feeling annoyed by yourself or your therapist. This doesn’t mean therapy isn’t working, it is part of any transformational process. The key is to communicate with your therapist and be honest.